We offer psychotherapy and consultation services at rates that are consistent with our level of expertise and competitive with other Bay Area practitioners. Both Morgan and Ellen hold a limited number of lower-fee slots for clients and consultees who would benefit from this option. Please contact us to discuss details.
We are out-of-network providers, which means we do not directly bill insurance companies, and we are not on any insurance panels. Many insurance plans do provide coverage for mental health services, and many of our clients do receive full or partial reimbursement depending on their coverage. Additionally, we are on the “preferred providers” out-of-network list for some insurance carriers. If you are using a plan that accepts out-of-network providers, you may be able to get reimbursed for your sessions with us by requesting monthly statements to submit to your insurance company. For more information, please ask us or call your insurance company and ask the following questions:
Questions to ask your insurance provider:
- Is my therapist (Morgan Howson, LMFT or Ellen Hathaway, AMFT) on your list of preferred out-of-network providers?
- Do you accept or do you provide reimbursement for out-of-network providers?
- Does the amount paid by my insurance company depend on whether I see a professional who is “in your network or preferred provider list” or “outside the network”?
- If so, what is the difference in the amount paid or percent reimbursement for “in network” vs. “out of network” providers?
- Do I need a particular diagnosis to get coverage for treatment?
- Is there a specific list of diagnoses for which services are covered?
- What is the amount of my deductible?
- What is the number of mental health visits for which I’m covered? Do you have any limitations regarding number of sessions that are covered for an out-of-network provider?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care physician to see a mental health professional?
Please let us know if and how we can support you in the process of getting insurance coverage for your sessions with us.